Hay day is a long day.

Yesterday one of my friends and I went out to get hay. The night before I tried to go to sleep but couldn’t fall asleep. I would go to bed try to fall asleep then get back up, go read, surf the internet etc. Until I gave up at 6:30 AM and just got up. I went out to record it for posterity. You can see by the sun rising how early it was.DSC_0682

My rooster sounded rather loud for some reason so I went to the coop only to find the door wide open and all of my chickens out apparently having spent all night partying! Im lucky our resident fox didnt come and kill them all


Morning mom!


I went about doing my chores. Made some homemade dishwasher and laundry detergent  then went out and fed and watered the chickens. Then filled their outdoor tub. Its not REALLY needed but just super entertaining to watch them all converge on itDSC_0708


scratching at some feed I gave them to eat


I kept hearing my turkey chicks crying but couldn’t see them anywhere. Went around to the front of the house following the noise to see Steven and Penelope out front


And these two popped up


Since I was up my friend came to pick me up early so we could have breakfast before heading out to pick up the way. I still wonder if it was the right thing to do.  These were taken while we waited.


And waited…


Apparently it takes 45 minutes to make this


And this


and an HOUR to make french toast! He also clearly ordered french toast and the waiter first brought him pancakes.


Let me just state that I was raised by a mother who has been working in the restaurant industry much longer than I have been around(Shes a chef) and I married a husband who is a chef also. I’ve been cooking since I was 5. I am extremely easygoing when it comes to restaurants BUT there are other things that I am very strict or picky on. This is also the only place to go have a proper sit down breakfast in my area and it wasn’t busy at all. There were eight tables. Only two other tables were full before we sat down. By the time we got our food everyone else had already had their meals.

So then we headed off to pick up the trailer for the hay


GET IN THE CAR!(This was literally what he said as I was taking this photo.)


And we have a full load! 50 bails of hay. Hooray!


I’m glad we got to pick some more hay up. I’m still looking for someone who can deliver me 200 bails at a time or something of the sort as we need to start putting hay away for winter.

One of our friends came down from the city to play gurps(Its a role playing game like dungeons and dragons) so by the time I went to bed it was one in the morning. Long day but a fun filled day of adventures! Real ones and not so real ones.


I love comments! Please Leave a Reply!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s